Magnuson-Stevens Act (MSA) Violations
Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, more commonly known as the Magnuson-Stevens Act (MSA), governs fisheries. The act is enforced by several government agencies, including:
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- US Fish and Wildlife (FWS)
- National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
If you have received a notice from any of these agencies, we can help you. At the Law Office of Patrick Flanigan, attorney Patrick Flanigan represents clients who are facing criminal, civil and administrative penalties under the Magnuson-Stevens Act. To schedule your free initial consultation, contact his fishing and maritime law office online or call the firm toll free at 877-275-5191.
NOAA, NMFS and the Magnuson-Stevens Act (MSA)
Patrick Flanigan represents clients who are accused of violating the Magnuson-Stevens Act, for example some of the issues are:
- Fishing Vessel Trip Reports (FVTR) rand fishing limits: This includes poor record keeping, inaccurate reporting, violating trip and cumulative limits, and other violations.
- Observer programs: Violations that include assaulting, harassing, or interfering with an observer and other related violations.
- Closed area violations and boundary line incursions: This includes vessels crossing into closed areas or Marine Protected Areas and foreign fishing incursions.
- Gear violations: Violations involving the use of unlawful gear in commercial fisheries and tampering with VMS equipment or data.
- Every other issue involving NOAA, NMFS, or the FWS for state waters.
Patrick Flanigan fights to protect the rights of clients who are accused of any wrong, whether it is an administrative, civil, or criminal matter.
Having worked as a commercial fisherman, captain and vessel owner, attorney Patrick Flanigan understands the impact of a penalty or fine on your earnings and your livelihood. Contact his law firm online or call toll free at 877-275-5191 to schedule your free and confidential initial consultation with lawyer Patrick Flanigan.
For your convenience, Patrick Flanigan offers evening and weekend consultations. Contingent, hourly and other negotiated fee structures are available and may be customized to your needs.